I started the year writing about the challenges of goal-setting and the need for accountability. I made the commitment to report my progress for goal setting.
Here were the goals and a August progress update:
Goal 1: Prepare for 2022 by increasing my knowledge base and improving my writing skills.
- Look into new skills that will make me more diverse and marketable
- Find free resources
- Create a “learning” budget I can use on courses
- Dedicate a set time for reading and learning.
- 15 minutes at the start of every work day
- Create themes for the month to focus the learning
- Repurpose my learning into a monthly blog
How did I do?
-I don’t think I’ve done any of these strategies at this time. I have been busy with paying work.
Progress: I give it a F, because I haven’t done any of these strategies.
Goal 2: Reduce my dependence on Upwork clientele while finding opportunities for byline publication.
I landed an off-Upwork client! But no byline opportunities.
Progress: A because I landed a big client off Upwork.
Goal 3: Maintain income stream of <confidential> through 2021. That’s an average of <confidential> per month.
I started with my new client, who pays a competitive rate and has regular work to the tune of 15-20 hours a week. For that reason, I exceeded my goal 277%. Yep, that’s not a joke.
Progress: A because I smashed my goal.
What’s important is you have your goals, and are constantly looking to push the needle forward. Great updates. Keep going!